Editing dialogue after drawing a picture is not so bad

Do I have before photos?  NO!  I was unhappy with it, WHY would I take a  photo?

Anyway, this is mostly to share with sis.

I am frustrated that so far all I've really drawn is talking.  Or worse: thinking.  BORING.  Yet obviously not to me.  But at least I realized that I can have my stupid words puttering along with the picture telling a second story.
I need to get some sick outer conflict going on to spice this ish up with.

And then take this OBVIOUS so-and-so-thinks this monologue and only pepper the (much more interesting) future scenes with allusions to the ideas.
But this is what I have for now.  A reasonable rough draft.

Oh, and I hated with a capital H the original thinking lines.  (I just drew/wrote that part, vs  the conversation, which was already typed and somewhat edited in my jotterpad app.)  So I did a complete re-haul.  Cut out a pic that didn't even fit anymore, and changed his face and hands in the last one.
...Which I am MUCH more pleased with.  It jumped from an out of character 'waaa!' to a whole new level of "fucked up" that I adore.  Cain?  You my currently-nerfed-still-over-powered man.

In true Nannen fashion I jumped right into the middle of a conversation, leaving out the part that would make it make any sense!  So here's your missing (rough, okay?!) lines, from my handy phone.

Walking outside, she asks "how do you become... what YOU were?"
"You're born with it.  That's why they *killed* us all."
shocked.  "What??!"  (*note* Not sure where she thinks he crawled out of if this is a surprise.  But we'll go with it for now.)
Irritated "Where do you think the true Letumen all WENT?  The rainforest?  Mages butchered us and stole our wealth."  Talking about it pissing him off for real.
"I'm sorry."
"Enough!  YOU didn't..."



Top thoroughly cut off as my scan-bed is too small.  "That girl!" in right panel, along with his eyes.  :P

Note the second scan, cuz my bed is too small:


 "It's just collateral."



He's craaaazy.  :3 
"Wow, I'm not utterly alone in the world.  These feels... I'M GONNA KILL IT!!!"


Not the best Pike, but I did it freehand without a reference, and I've only study-drawn 2 of them in my life, so bow down haters!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Makey Makey Blog

Errors in Touch Capacitive Project...

Invasion? I think not.