Lady Fish Julia

So Ashlyn's fish died after two years.  A sad affair.   We wanted to go swimming or get a new one.   Since I forgot that rendezvous Park exists,  we could not think of where to swim stop pet shopping defaulted.
Saw an orange beta with white tips that I was almost swayed to get since she was having a disilusionary rebound moment.  But was not feeling like watching over another annoying beta. 
There was a cool half moon crown tail beta male at Walmart but he was $6.  Alberrrto was just too expensive. Ashlyn thought about getting a crab, but decided she wanted an African frog.  Super Walmart s can't carry them because of salmonella or something.  So back to petsmart when they reopened the next day.  Fun enough. 
That's when I saw the Julia fish.  As in she had an understated pizazz and the  mellow temperament of my friend and coworker Julia.  Also tropical blue!  I could return to my room and see this fish being mellow.  On Sale for $3.  I stared and compared as Ashlyn found out her frogs were out of stock.  She came over and helped me decide against the white bodied, red finned other Crown tailed lady.  Then I stared at/ discussed some overpriced accessories for a little too long and we checked out. (There is a $7 moss ball that is super cute and i want with my fish... but more like for $1.20.)  Good sport.  She even said I could use her extra white gravel and fake plants.
At home the vase was crusty with water stains.  I figured Julia/nameless could stay in her cup longer while I soaked the vase in vinegar water.   Jaren was about to pick me up for a visit we planned at work that day!
Our squizit was refreshing and delightful.  Afterwards we went through the car wash then bought some clearance Beach towels at the grocery store.  Wonderful! 
When he dropped me off Ashlyn was nowhere to be found.  The vase looked like new though.   Amazing!!!  Just when I was wiping it down there was a knock at the door.  Four women leaders from church came for an unannounced visit.  Hm!  The one had seemed really cool on Sunday.   So "sure you can come in.  It's just me though. "  "that's fine if was just Ashlyn the last time. Haha"  They sat on the couches and I was all ''I'll hate this if I cant work on my fish bowl!'' In my head. So i asked if they would not mind sitting at the kitchen bar benches instead so I would not be counting the minutes until they left.  They complied graciously and actually got quite a kick out of sharing the design and animal experience with me.  A very nice visit enjoyed by all.

After they left Jamie and Ashlyn came home.  Ashlyn and I watched the fish and played with her via food stuffs for two or three hours.  Calling her Lady, and read about how betas are bred. sincr she seems bulgy and I rralky want to go get Alberto too. 
Eventually I noticed that her colors had gone very pale And brown.  Did I not treat the water long enough? Stress her out too much?  Did I kill her?!!  I already put her bowl in a recess of stuff and turned the lights off downstairs. Only rest could tell. The Internet says they show stripes when they are stressed.  I'd be really bummed if she was dead this morning.  I have not been so amused by a fish since I was 7. 

Happily she was alive and Cobalt Blue again.  When I moved her around she got bronze on the top of her head again.
I still want to call her Julia even if lady had taken a hold for a day. Lady Julia might be a compromise.  But I don't much like that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superwomen and the "fix him" myth

Makey Makey Blog

Errors in Touch Capacitive Project...