I won't aim for November Nuthin'

It took me a week of broken sessions, but I finished the 25 expression challenge for my heroin!  I'm all like: crap, that's not a good ink to time ratio (inklocity?)  But it was hard and I'm proud of taking a stab at every expression for one face type.  A couple are quite good, imo, but most go between inaccurate expression, or inaccurate proportions.  I'm gonna scan it eventually and twiddle with the mediocre ones.   Cuz layers.
But first, the anti-hero. 
Then the question, should I do all 25 for the villains?  Which ones?  Throw a dart for secondary characters?  How often to cry and rock back and forth in a corner?

Ps, I found an anime that happens to have the same character design for its heroin as mine (only drawn vastly better.)  Now I need to add a tattoo or feathers to her hair!  It's not very unique, this was more likely than not.  Still makes me wonder if it was two people doing the same thing separately, or if I saw a manga image and forgot about it.  *sigh!*
Well, looks may be similar but that's about where it ends, based on what I've read about chihirifuru or whatever. 
Zeitgeist, you a bitch.

Watching the devil is a part-timer, and I love the directing, if that's a thing for animations.  It's all very inspiring.  

I won't be working on a chapter for November as I have my hands full with emotions and character references.  Granted, I'm learning the wonder of serious draft editing for faces etc... A few main characters are good to stave off wild frustration-it's like when I couldn't spell words, not drawing the right face.  I have my current pace and don't want to ruin it.  Plus striving for better life balance and all.  Chapter mania would have the opposite effect.

So I decided for November I need to draw more action/dialogue sequences.  Short, but existing.

Some of my emotions were so off I erased the whole thing.  But I'm not one to waste effort.  Frog neck= artist tantrum.

Comments

  1. Shannen I may be wrong but I think it is hero (male) and heroine (female). When I saw you were working on heroin I did a double take! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Superwomen and the "fix him" myth

Makey Makey Blog

Errors in Touch Capacitive Project...